Bittorrent Only Seeing Mostly Libtorrent Peers, But Cannot Upload To Them

donehomr

I had this same problem with uTorrent, which is why I uninstalled it and downloaded BitTorrent, to see if I would have the same issue; I do.

After a torrent completes downloading and makes the transition to seeding, especially with a high-demand torrent for which there were a shortage of seeds compared to peers (leeches), I used to almost IMMEDIATELY start seeing and uploading to LOTS of peers that were using several different torrent clients with great upload speed.

But in the past couple of weeks now, the only peers that show up immediately are using libtorrent, and I see a lot of them, and for some reason I cannot connect to them other than for about 1 or 2 seconds, and at only .1kB/s upload speed. Then they quickly disconnect and usually disappear, only to reappear a few seconds later with the same result.

Every now and then (at an average of about once every 2 or 3 hours or so) BitTorrent will connect to a uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, or other peer client with a decent/good upload speed, and stays connected to it until it reaches 100%. Then another 2 or 3 hours go by until I connect to another one, which is making it take FOREVER to get my upload ratio above 1.000. (Example: a high-demand 8.8MB torrent with few seeds and lots of peers that I let upload over the weekend took over 3 days to get to 1.000, which in the past would only take about an hour or so. [Which was a good way to build up my ratio differential.])

So is this a libtorrent issue somehow interfering with other uploads, or is something else going on?

To give you an idea, I am right this second connected to 5 libtorrent peers with an 8.33MB torrent for which there are 168 seeds and 652 peers. BitTorrent is not sending ANY data to any of the libtorrent peers, I'm just connected to them... The torrent completed its download to me in under 1 minute, and has been trying to upload for almost an hour with 0B uploaded and a 0.000 upload/download ratio.

This is not right, something is wrong. - I have been downloading for about 6 years now, and have NEVER encountered anything like this before. Please help if you can, and thanks.

Archived