Very slow downloads

Guest DB47

No matter which BT i use, Vuze or BitTorrent, my DL speed tops out at 10kb/s but spends most of the time around 3 or 4. I used to get 1.4 mb/s so what could have happened? I have changed internet provider but to a supposedly faster provider but even if it wasn't it shouldn't be this slow. Also I can stream movies online quickly but I just cant download torrents quickly. Any help?

Using Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio.

• 1 month later...

Similar problem here except on Mac. All other network activity is normal. First couple of downloads were great, then suddenly download speed dropped to between 0->4 kb/sec. Yes, sometimes stops completely. ISP is Comcast. Of course, my first thought was that they started throttling torrents. Then I read that they are not supposed to be doing this anymore.

I have tried different torrent files and different clients (BitTorrent and Transmission) with the same results.

I'm feeling like this has to be Comcast.

JoeC

Well, turns out not to be comcast, but evidently a lack of peers with the file and their upload speeds. Of course, after posting my previous message, speeds began to return to something decent.

Now I'm getting what I think are much more reasonable download speeds, albeit they come and go. But overall, no complaints. Sorry I doubted you, Comcast. (not really :)

Archived