Bandwidth Allocation and setting download limit

Guest Biohazard

Guest Biohazard

Hey, I'm kinda new to torrents and all and I've been reading up on them a little. I'm a bit confused about Bandwidth Allocation, it's set to normal and the download and upload limit is set to unlimited. From what I hear this will hurt your connection if want to..say play an online game or surf the net while you seed/torrent. I did a speed test and I have 10.51Mbps Down and 1.05Mbps Up I have 4 torrents downloading and 2 seeding and I guess they're all set to unlimited. Given my upload and download speed I'm not sure where I should set my limits for each download can someone help me or explain a little better about what I should do please. Thank you very much.

Guest Biohazard

Edit: Sorry to double post but I didn't see the edit button. On speed test I found the option to change the measurements to KB so sorry about the Mbps. So my Download is 1306.9 Kb/s and Upload is 116.7 Kb/s

• 2 months later...

Hey, I'm kinda new to torrents and all and I've been reading up on them a little. I'm a bit confused about Bandwidth Allocation, it's set to normal and the download and upload limit is set to unlimited. From what I hear this will hurt your connection if want to..say play an online game or surf the net while you seed/torrent. I did a speed test and I have 10.51Mbps Down and 1.05Mbps Up I have 4 torrents downloading and 2 seeding and I guess they're all set to unlimited. Given my upload and download speed I'm not sure where I should set my limits for each download can someone help me or explain a little better about what I should do please. Thank you very much.

too be honest my bf said that you set the upload limit to 1 or none and the download limit to unlimit. because that prevents people from seeding off of you and gives your computer less traffic during the downloads. i gues you can say it like that. now if you have a setting of bandwidth allocation of high normal or low. i am not sure about that.

• 1 year later...
Guest blinkyblinky

too be honest my bf said that you set the upload limit to 1 or none and the download limit to unlimit. because that prevents people from seeding off of you and gives your computer less traffic during the downloads. i gues you can say it like that. now if you have a setting of bandwidth allocation of high normal or low. i am not sure about that.

Then I would suggest your boyfriend isn't a very nice person. Ever heard of the golden rule?

Archived