Disable moving directory in set download location

wildpig

How can i disable Bittorrent from automatically moving contents when i select set download location after starting a torrent file. The reason is that a lot of time i want to finish seeding a torrent which the original seeder never bother to complete. So i need to be able to manually set new download location without Bittorrent automatically moving files around. There is no point having duplicated directories with same contents.

example:

movie1.torrent contains one directory files:movie.avi, movie.nfo. The original seeder however did not complete the seeding and was only able to get 50% of the movie.avi file. But i found the same torrent containing the same files on a registered site being completely seeded. I want to be able to set the download location of the second torrent to the directory of the first torrent so that it will be able to recheck the half-completed movie.avi file and download the incompleted portions of the movie.avi and not starting a whole new download of the same files in another directory. After it's done completing the movie.avi file, that would allows me to 1) finish the seeding of the orignal torrent and 2)allows me to keep seeding back the second torrent downloaded from the registered site so I can keep getting the credit on registered site. The way the "set download location" works in the new ver does not allow me to do this.

As I said, there's no point having multiple directories with duplicated content if you have more than 1 torrents with the same files in them. When I was using 7.2, I can manually set the location of multiple torrents with the same content to the single directory. Not sure when that was changed but using latest ver i lost that ability

Much appreciated if someone can point to the setting so i can disable this feature. This feature is a step back in my opinion. I hate to have to go back to older 7.2 which allows me to do this. Thanks

Archived