Poison Pill

Guest Tom

I've just installed bit torrent on two new computers, one a laptop running Windows XP SP3 and the other a desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate. Before installing bit torrent I did a full windows update with the latest security patches on both systems. Bit Torrent worked fine with search engines e.g. piratebay and isohunt on the two systems I replaced. It no longer works as when I click on a download, instead of passing the file to bit torrent it just asks if I want to save or run. In lieu of other explanations it would appear that Microsoft has inserted a poison pill to disable bittorrent functionality into their latest windows updates. Anyone else who has run into this issue and has thoughts about a solution?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Wilber Slokim

I'm sure they have very important reasons for screwing with things that are none of their business. All in the name of protecting you of course. Try, uninstalling windows and sending them a few hundred bucks for the newest versions of their privacy invasion - that'll get them helping you out for 24 hours or so.

Archived