Error: The System Cannot Find The Path Specified

bushman420

I can't download anymore.I can connect to peers but after about 3 seconds of downloading i get the error message "Error: The system cannot find the path specified"  I don't know if this plays much of a factor but I updated my Zone Alarm recently. I've tried turning zone alarm off but that doesnt seem to do anything. Please help me out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, Harold,

Im experiencing the same problem but I don't think its the ZoneAlarm since I don't have that.

What could be the problem with mine?

Where can i find the save as location/info tab though? I didn't get what you meant with your answer above.

Please, I kindly need your help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone had any joy with this problem?  It was working fine last night, then suddenly started coming up with this error.  I have tried to change the path directory, checked that the file name does not have any DOT at the beginning  or end of the file name, but no joy!!  Any help please? :blink:

• 1 month later...

I just got this error about 20 minutes ago and went searching for an answer as well - checked some of the other remedies posted ("." on end of torrent file and 256 character limit).

Randomly checked another idea that came to me.

1) Open Windows Explorer and locate your download folder (whatever you have set)

2) Right click and check "Properties"

3) IF "Read Only" is highlighted - uncheck it!

4) Restart torrent.

I cannot say that this will work for everyone, so I won't say this is the solution to fix all your problems. If it helps anyone at all that's good :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've h thisn problem for months and found the answer

.After you click the :"download this torrent", a window pops up in Bt torrent that you click "ok " on to start the download..   Look in  the top left hand corner were the path to be saved at is. There won't be a path. there, maybe just letters.  Make sure there is a correct path there so Bit Torrent knows where to send the download file to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I've found the solution to this problem

the torrent cannot find the path specified is because it has to location to save the torrent.

To solve this problem please do the following:

1.click on options

2.click on preferences

3.click on directories

4.tick "put new downloads in" and  "move completed downloads to" then select to targeted area to save the torrents 

e.g downloads file in your computer "C:\Users\donut_chiam [username]\Downloads"

5.click ok

6.restart your bittorent then your problem should be solved.

:D

• 6 months later...

Archived