Hide Seeded Torrents

Good Day All, I'm new to Torrents, and all things Torrential (sorry), and I was wondering if I can hide my seeded files from my main applet, while still having them available for use by other folks, and I understand there is some way to determine how long you should keep torrents before removing them completely. Can someone explain where I would view that? I'm using BitTorrent 7.8?

Yes, torrents can download and/or upload in the background. Just minimize the window, and bittorrent will move to the taskbar.

The recommended(by Bit Torrent) reseed amount is 1.5 to 1.0. You can find and change that "goal" through the "options" drop-down menu, then select "preferences", then select "queueing". It will show you the "minmum" seeding goal.

(I myself average around 5.0 to 1.0., but to each his own.)(others just do 1.0 to 1.0)

You might check out the number of peers/seeds available for your torrent[select "options" then select "show detailed info" then select the "info" tab on the BT browser interface.] You might want to help out a little more on the ones with very few seeds/peers.

Your "seeding" will run in the background, and won't interfere with the other programs you are working with.

Archived