Bing is interfering with every single attempted torrent download.

Guest Daniel

Whenever I search the web for content in the BitTorrent search bar, instead of it just doing a normal google search type deal like it always has (where it brings up links to piratebay and whatnot), it uses Bing; not only am I unable to download anything on behalf of Bing being so crappy and annoying, but I can't figure out how exactly to make it go back to its normal search style. I have spent almost 5 hours on this, so I have tried nearly every plausible solution, from Bing/BitTorrent FAQ's to forum searching, and even uninstalling my internet browser. I use Google Chrome, but this happens with IE as well so I know it's not my browser. I have come to a dead end and could really use some help on this one. Although Bing is a "search engine" it doesn't even come close to yielding the same results as the normal BitTorrent search. I have already tried "managing default browser" AND "manage search providers" (in the drop down arrow next to the BitTorrent search bar), along with every other normal troubleshooting method. None of them work. I am also aware that I don't have any Bing software installed to my toolbar (i.e. Bing Bar, Bing Toolbar, etc.) If anyone has a valid solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dragula

Actually I'm having the exact same problem, it's rather upsetting because the only toolbar I have is the standard google toolbar which shouldn't redirect to bing.com at all... and the searching doesn't even add the .torrent thing to the end, which makes the whole thing insanely useless because the whole point (at least my understanding was) of the installation was to make it easier to find and download torrent files. I guess I was wrong, over the past couple months this has been all that it does for me: Enter the information I typed into the search bar in the program, it opens a new window and searches bing (although bing isn't even present in the options and I've checked and have nothing on my computer bing related so it IS the program doing it) what makes it most useless is it's exactly the search term I entered in the program, so it's a standard search and will bring up every web page in existence... which makes it not only a useless tool for torrents but a useless tool for anything at all...

I could just do that myself.

• 1 year later...

I'm having more or less the same problem. One would think that by using the "Manage Search Provders" option under "Searchj" that one could probably change that. What I get, however, is a window labeled "Preferences" and I can't find anything on it which alows any interaction with search poviders.

I'm running BitTorrentPlus 7.8 in XP Pro.

In "Preferences" window bottom category "Advanced" select "UI Extras".

You will see the search engine windows there.

I tried adding an URL to my search favorite but nothing happened.

I still launch my torrent searches from my own search provider(Excite) and dl my torrents from it. I dl them into a folder in MY Docs and add them to Bittorrent after I open Bittorent.

I don't know why you insist on going through the Bittorrent browser, when torrent searches can be done on ANY browser.

Archived