Auto Start On System Tray ?

amburegul

"Start on system tray", without minimized in toolbar, just look like antivirus, please ?

Huh? Not sure I quite understand? ...you'd rather Sync didn't start "minimized" when set to start with Windows, and instead open its GUI?

....in which case, all you need to do is remove the /MINIMIZED switch. i.e., in your Registry, change:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\BitTorrent Sync, from:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe" /MINIMIZED

...to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Guys, this is really an important enhancement. I fully support this post. The reasons are:-

1. If I start bittorrent minimized and my bittorrent minimizes to system tray, then I have a real difficulty switching between bittorrent and other applications, when I have such requirement.

2. If I start bittorrent minimized and my bittorrent doesn't minimizes to system tray(instead it closes to system tray) then everytime I start my PC, I have to click on the bittorrent(which is started up at start of the windows) and then close it to minimize it to system tray. This becomes really frustrating when required to be done again and again!

Note:- All the above, is assuming that I do want to start my bittorrent at startup.

Archived