I have a few questions if anyone can answer them...

Therin

Guest Joe_S

I am a new user, but I had the same problem. I found that when I took off the upload limit on uploads, the upload volume increased and so did the download speed, and dramatically. It seems that if you don't upload you are considered a leecher and the trackers or whatever throttle back your upload speeds. It makes sense.

Generally, your download speeds get better as your upload goes higher, but it really depends on the torrent. You don't usually want to unlimit the upload completely, as it can choke your download. This is less of an issue since we implemented uTP, but it can still happen sometimes. A reasonable limit is 70-80% of the maximum.

Guest Simona

Hello! Some help please!

Even though my upload limit is set on 0 [=unlimited], it only uploads files around 1kb/s. I tried limits of 100, 40, 10kb/s but it does not work! What might be wrong?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest C:// [betaexploiter]

Um I tried downloading an md5 hash cracker, but my computer and external remote server was attacked by a Trojan. Anyway I got an anti virus program from bittorrent, and found out that if you stop other downloads, but actually make any kind of upload, then you download faster

Archived