Bittorent lost all files & directory corrupt

Startww3please

Windows 10 decided to update while i was using the pc, ( i didnt know it was updating at the time) the pc froze i couldnt use the mouse etc so i crashed the pc

if i ever see Bill gates i will begin punching him

on restart windows finished updating then i saw bittorrent has lost all torrents ! i went to c\users\user\appdata\roaming\bittorent  which shows the .torrent files so at least i can see what files i used to have downloading/uploading
some online advice said right click into resume.dat properties and restore to previous version 

to find that you type %appdata% in searchbox of win10 , after search finishes click the folder it finds if it takes you to c\users\user\appdata\roaming it means your files are still there but theyre hidden

click view and check the box hidden item i was told but i dont see any view thing to click ! anyway if i click on c\users\user\appdata\roaming\bittorent   i can see the .torrent files, some i can click and they get added to bittorent and begin downloading. 

but i get the message the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable when i try to add some of them or if i click on folders ive made on the hard drive that i know should be full of things eg camcorder footage so the directory is knackered 

ive tried running chkdsk but that says nothings wrong ! it found no errors 

if i re add some torrents i know id completed they start from 0% so im having to get them all again. 

please help me fix this the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem, it means it seems like ive lost entire folders of stuff even things in folders that are nothing to do with bittorent such as Camcorder videos 
theyre are videos on youtube etc saying " solved the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" but they all show the chkdsk method to fix this which as ive said hasnt solved it for me

would easeus data recovery software help me ? i really need to find my data that seems lost

thanks

Archived