Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

My Torrents won't load; unable to find peers?

trouble-shooting peers loading trouble computer idiots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Iolio

Iolio

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I don't know what I did , but one day, my torrents just decided to stop loading. I click on the torrents, the bittorrent window opens, but it won't load the torrent on the grey window-thingy (I'm a computer idiot, let's just get that fact out of the way...) and when I get tired of the wheel thing spinning, and just click "Ok" it appears in my torrent window, but it gets stuck on "Finding peers" and then.... that's it. Also, for full disclosure, I also downloaded utorrent and it happened there too. Any ideas, smart people? Did I do something dumb? Is it because I drop my computer on most days? Is this on me? I sure hope not.

#2 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

What internet security software?
What internet provider?

#3 Iolio

Iolio

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

I just got rid (hopefully successfully) of McAffee, and Rogers (Canada).

#4 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

McAfee has a tendency of leaving remnants behind after uninstall that require using their removal utility to clean up.

#5 danielct18579

danielct18579

New User

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

I have suddenly lost the ability to download because it keeps trying to find peers. I'm not sure exactly what else is happening. I have AVG internet security, and SuddenLink internet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trouble-shooting, peers, loading trouble, computer idiots