Port Question

Guest FlyiNg

Guest FlyiNg

I was wondering should this be something to worry about.

Two days ago and yesterday, there was an IP address that was trying to connect to a port that isn't used by bittorrent. I have bittorrent set up to use port 30000-something. But that one IP address from two days ago was trying to connect to 2719, and yesterday it tried to connect to 3537. There were also another two IP address trying to do the same thing yesterday, trying to access port 3885 and 3824.

The reason I know this is related to bittorrent is because, the one IP address I recognize, was a peer that was trying to download from me. Also, once I exited bittorrent, those IP stopped trying to connect to my computer through the ports, they were trying to connect to.

Guest FlyiNg

I forgot to mention that the other two IP addresses that I don't recognize from before were not dl from me, I may have been dl from them. But I couldn't find out if I was dl from them, since when I was trying to check the peer list in bittorrent it kept updating.

Guest FlyiNg

I see, does this mean that someone is trying to hack my computer or can I just ignore this and assume that the other client is trying to find a faster/better port to connect to?

Guest FlyiNg

I see, well I think my firewall is blocking it since it says that a computer at this ip address attempted an unsolicited connection to my pc at this port. Also, I think I have most of my ports closed and the only exception is bittorrent, which is set to use port 30000-something.

Archived