Recently windows wont run BitTorrent

Guest Ken

I have been using BitTorrent without problem for months now. Recently however when I click the shortct I get the windows file access error stating that I don't have sufficient access permission to run the file. I have tried running the exe file directly from program files but then I get a windows memory access error message. I can get BitTorrent to run only by running the downloaded installation file which just starts the program rather than installing it.

I am running windows 7 pro (32 bit). My virus checker is fully up to date and reports no issues. It is only BitTorrent that I seem to have this problem with. Please advise if you have any ideas... anyone!

thanks

Ken

Hi

Thanks for your response. I have checked the file permissions on the actual exe file. I have full control and even took ownership but the file will still not run, reporting that I may not have permission to access the file.

Hi... An update to my post.

I have checked my firewall settings and found that the BitTorrent exe file located in program files is blocked. Any ideas why this would have happened?

Guest sagemoon

im having the same problem. bittorrent is running, not installing, and my windows firewall comes up asking for permission to run it, i click ok, and it runs the bittorrent but does not install it.

Archived