Bittorrent not installing

Guest Chris

Guest Chris

What internet security software do you have installed?

Nothing specific, just the fresh W7 install and the important updates.

Also downloaded asus drivers for laptop.

Was planning on getting AVG or such, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• 1 year later...

my Windows 7 64Bit crashed for some reason (Nothing Got to do with BitTorent), I restarted the system and since then BitTorrent does not start or re-install or even uninstall. I know Windows sucks and is made only to crash even a 6Gb Quad-Core but why BitTorrent wont just install or even let me uninstall the defective program?

I manually deleted the BitTorrent folder from Program Files, and even tried to re-install it but no luck. I'm stuck in between a 8gig download which I don't want to waste, any bright ideas?

I have the screenshot, but this lame forum server does not allow me to upload the pic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone. Just activated Windows 8 64bit and had the same problem installing BitTorrent. Just downloaded the setup application but it was not installing, and I checked in the Task Manager that the setup started but it was not working.

I tried going to the C:\Users\"User"\Downloads folder where I downloaded it, right click, then Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and select the checkbox on Compatibility mode, selecting either Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or (in my case) selecting Windows 7. Click "Apply" and then OK.

End ALL BitTorrent Tasks that were working before you tried this. Then double click the BitTorrent file again to try the installation. *It MAY work after a few attempts. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU.

post-30876-0-12193700-1375168242_thumb.p

Archived