Why have 2 torrent programs? (Bittorrent & uTorrent)

LEONARD PEACOCK

Hello to all... There are probably folks who's already answered this question but I can't locate the specific one to mine. Why is there two different programs (that look identical to each other except for the color of the gui system)? I know or have read that utorrent is Bittorrents client or something like that but if you only download and install, then run Bittorrent, for example and not utorrent, It still will download the torrent(s) you want to have. Ive done that method for some time now but then located an article saying that a user must have utorrent in order to properly download Bittorrents files or the files that you search and want. So I'm confused. What's the need to have uTorrent when you can just use Bittorrent or vise versa? Now my speed for downloading torrents sucks and to tell you the truth, I really don't know how to properly configure the settings within these two programs and I've tried to follow some forum users advice and sometimes it helped but then later started to slow down, meaning the speed. Then I tried to just play with the settings and tried different options to get a faster download but then that started to "not to work" so I'm just stumped and I know other users just know these software so well that it is almost second nature. Any help would be appreciated.... ALOT!!!!!! Thank you all!!!

So utorrent is safe to use? Is it easy to use? Theres just so many of them to choose from, I get a headache just trying to pick one... :unsure: So can you please help me by just telling me plain and simple if its a good one to use...I'd certainly appreciate it... :)

Out of all the different software that's out there to download files, I find that using a torrent client to accomplish this DOES make it easier.

When I first started to do all that, I came across BitTorrent first, then uTorrent was discovered and honestly, I hated the two softwares but only because I didn't fully grasp the concept of what a torrent actually was. I HATE reading about all that. It puts me to sleep. I would rather learn new software by trial and error, which isn't the best way to learn anything but that's how I do it.

Then I started to use other systems to download files. Now that the US government started to do what they do best, poke their noses in other affairs, they have caused most of these other companies to change their policies and it became harder to download anything.

Using BitTorrent and uTorrent now, I have to say is the best tool to use. But you still have to be cautious because you still have A$$HOLES from companies and the US government who try and catch folks downloading illegally. But from my understanding, the software "Peer Guardian" is one of the ways to help you not get caught.

Anyway, I still have a lot to learn about the torrent clients and some of it is Greek to me but I'm sure I will learn it all.

Leonard

But you still have to be cautious because you still have A$$HOLES from companies and the US government who try and catch folks downloading illegally. But from my understanding, the software "Peer Guardian" is one of the ways to help you not get caught.

Companies only, and peerguardian (and software like that) doesn't protect you from them. In fact, it actually is more likely to funnel you towards those monitoring groups than away from it.

Really?? I'm glad you pointed that out. I actually had gone to Peer Guardian's website, downloaded their software and installed it. It was one of those programs that was just hard for me to really understand what it did so I think I only opened it one time but if it's potentially harmful then I will uninstall it now. So thanks for letting me know Mr. Feit. ~Leonard Peacock

Archived