Says downloaded only 2GB yet file contains 75GB

fraggle

Hi!

I'm very new to using torrents, my father in law enlightened me to these :)

I am downloading a file that is 97.5G, it says it's only downloaded 2.6GB, yet in the destination folder is saying there's 75GB in it? Is this normal? And has it actually download the 2GB or the 75GB?

I have slow download speed (about about 30-60kb/s), but I can live with that,it can just keep plodding away (even if it does take the 1y 26w, lol) I know I need lots of seeds etc (this one has 62 seeds and 330 peers) but it was the best I could find. I'm not worried about the speed so much as what has it actually downloaded?

And it comes up with a red arrow saying "element missing?" does that mean that I should just give up trying to download or just restart it or what?

Sorry too many questions and I'm jumping from topic to topic.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Is this normal? And has it actually download the 2GB or the 75GB?

Yes and 2GB.

What is happening has to do with disk allocation. The space is being allocated, even if there isn't data for the spot.

If you're getting element not found errors, it may be because of skipping files or other similar issues.

Yes and 2GB.

What is happening has to do with disk allocation. The space is being allocated, even if there isn't data for the spot.

If you're getting element not found errors, it may be because of skipping files or other similar issues.

Thank you for that :) Much appreciated! (mind you bit of a bugger, lol, would have been better if it had downloaded the 75GB :D)

Thank you for that :) Much appreciated! (mind you bit of a bugger, lol, would have been better if it had downloaded the 75GB :D)

Oh Harlold sorry I forgot to ask, is the "skipping files" something that I'm doing (as in a setting or something) or is it just a problem with that particular file? If I restart it it seems to continue downloading for a bit and then stop again, but if I re start it it coninues.

Thank you!

Skipping files is something you have to do separately from any settings. Your "Element not found" errors are typically caused by setting files in a torrent to not download.

Oh OK! So I'll just let it download everything then from now on.

Thanks for your help :)

Archived