Laptop freezes when running Bittorrent and watching a movie

Guest Nick

Hi folks,

I was wondering if you could help me or have any ideas.

Whenever I run Bittorrent 7.2.1 and watch a movie at the same time using windows media player, my laptop will occasionally freeze and lock up and i have to do a hard restart. No data is lost but it is getting annoying that i can run bittorent and download items while watching a movie. I currently use windows 7 64 bit. Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest mattersfact2

I have a similar problem.

My 3 week old laptop freezes completely to the point of no control of anything, not mouse, no ability to hit Ctl/Alt/Del, so no Task Manager either.... The only way I can get back onto my system is to hit the power button to shut it off and restart. It only seems to happen while downloading torrents with BitTorrent. I've never used any other torrent client other than BitTorrent.

I updated my BIOS and the drivers for my NIC, but it still freezes. I could be surfing the web, moving files around, or just letting BitTorrent run, and the result is the same: total freeze up. If I try to let it run and it has the opportunity to enter sleep mode, then I have a laptop that is frozen with a black screen.

Guest mattersfact2

I have a similar problem.

My 3 week old laptop freezes completely to the point of no control of anything, not mouse, no ability to hit Ctl/Alt/Del, so no Task Manager either.... The only way I can get back onto my system is to hit the power button to shut it off and restart. It only seems to happen while downloading torrents with BitTorrent. I've never used any other torrent client other than BitTorrent.

I updated my BIOS and the drivers for my NIC, but it still freezes. I could be surfing the web, moving files around, or just letting BitTorrent run, and the result is the same: total freeze up. If I try to let it run and it has the opportunity to enter sleep mode, then I have a laptop that is frozen with a black screen.

Forgot to mention that I have Windows 7 Home Premium on an ASUS A52F series laptop.

I've done memtest, check my HD for errors, ran powercfg -energy in cmd.exe with very few errors, core temp is good.

I use Kaspersky (found no viruses).

I uninstalled most bloatware that came with the system.

By process of elimination, I am closer to believing that this is somehow related to a conflict when BitTorrent is running, as the laptop only seems to freeze up while BitTorrent is running.

• 3 months later...

Archived