Randomly Downloading Files

bobbersaget

So lately when I have been downloading batches of shows recently I've discovered that im also downloading stuff that I never clicked to download. For example, I have episodes 1-5 of some random show. I open bittorent, click to download ep 6 and no other episodes, and for some reason episode 22 downloads as well. And the thing is, its not episode 22 of that show. The title will say "random show episode 22" but it'll be some older show that I have downloaded in the past, and as recent as today it was a VIDEO FROM YOUTUBE! WTH! Why would it download a video from youtube? I have uninstalled/reinstalled and tried different clients and they all do the same thing. This isnt really a big problem but it is very annoying. This has been going on for about a month now and I have been using this same client for years. Anyone having the same problems and any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks.

edit.gif

Why are you trying to preview your downloads before they're completed?

Also, why are you expecting the torrents to not have cross-file pieces?

I have no idea what you mean. Like i said I have been using this for years and this problem started to arise last month. I am doing nothing wrong

Torrents have what are known as cross-file pieces. These are pieces of the torrent that overlap files.

The "Random" files you're seeing as being "downloaded" are actually adjacent files to those you are actually downloading.

When you attempt to view them when you haven't downloaded all the pieces and get info from other files, that's an artifact of how disk storage works.

Torrents have what are known as cross-file pieces. These are pieces of the torrent that overlap files.

The "Random" files you're seeing as being "downloaded" are actually adjacent files to those you are actually downloading.

When you attempt to view them when you haven't downloaded all the pieces and get info from other files, that's an artifact of how disk storage works.

Oh ok. So do you have a way to fix this? And can you explain why it downloaded a youtube video? Thats the one thing that has me dumbfounded. The random files that were downloaded I knew I had atleast downloaded them in the past. But the youtube video was just...wow. I have NEVER tried to download a youtube video. Why?

Archived