Newb... just made my first torrent...

Guest chuggins143

Guest chuggins143

Just made my first torrent, a PDF file, and have it "initial seeding"... Screen shows I have 4 peers, but no upload. I'm guessing that's normal... What's the process for "getting it out there"??? I've posted its presence on a couple of well traveled forums so I know people will be looking for it. Yet when I do a search on Bitsnoop, it doesn't show it. Am I just being impatient?? How long for new torrents to get into the system?

Thanks!

C

Guest chuggins143

Ok, I uploaded the torrent to Piratebay, and I have several guys actively looking for it on there... now I'm looking at my trackers tab and I'm seeing that the piratebay one says "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it", do I have something set wrong in my system? I looked through the preferences and don't see anything that would prevent it, but then again I am new to this.

Thanks!

C

that the piratebay one says "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it", do I have something set wrong in my system?

Nope, TPB closed their tracker over a year ago. If you private flagged your torrent when you made it, you have actually made it harder for people to download it.

Archived