Slow download speed

Guest dmk57

We have been downloading using Bittorrent for the last year with no problems. However for the last couple of weeks my download speeds have suddenly, regularly been below 20 kbps, and are often below 5 kbps. My connection often has allowed for speeds of up to 150 kbps depending on the popularity of the torrent. I even upgraded to version 7.2.1 and nothing improved. I have set my firewall to allow Bittorrent but that did not help either. I am working with torrents that have many potential seeds over 3000 in some cases but rarely get more than 50 - 60 actually available. Even with those my download speeds are under 20 kbps, before such numbers would have given much faster downloads. I am running a Compaq Presario with an AMD Athlon X2 processor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I tried the setup and got the following: For the bandwidth I got two error messages either something about a socket not being something as the message was not complete, or the message Connection failed error:Timed out(1006010).

With the download speed test I got a speed of about 30 kbps, much slower than our fastest torrent in the past. I currently have a torrent downloading with 45 available seeds, and a speed of 20 kbps max.

The network test states the port is not open but I can still download.

Open to other suggestions.

Archived