BT Sync causes high load / 100% CPU usage in Ubuntu 12.04

Curbuntu

I loaded BitTorrent Sync on two Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit machines two days ago. It lives up to the buzz! BitTorrent-Sync transfers work well between the two machines. However...

...on laptop #1 (specs immediately below), BT-S causes next to no stress on the processor and has a negligible effect on system load. But on laptop #2, one core, often both, are pushed to 100% and the system load keeps climbing from around 0.25 on up to around 6.0 and stays there. And this is with BT-S doing nothing other than running in the background. (That is to say, all transfers are complete, so BT-S isn't actively doing anything.)

Laptop #1 specs: Intel Core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz x 4, 4 Gb RAM, over 90 Gb HDD space still free. On this machine, BT-S has an impact hardly worth mentioning.

Laptop #2 specs: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz × 2, 8 Gb RAM, over 215 Gb HDD space still free (on the first drive and its partitions). This is the machine where BT-S "takes over and won't let go" according to the System Monitor and HTOP.

For the record, both machines stay fully updated, and are currently running Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) 64-bit, the 3.2.0-44-generic Linux kernel, with GNOME 3.4.2.

So the question is -- why is #1 "happy" and #2 so taxed by BT-S? And what can I do about it? As things stand now, I can't keep BT-S running on #2 except when I know I need to initiate a transfer. What report can I submit that will help to work towards a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Archived