Please help...so frustrated! :(

TaylorSully24

Okay lemme start by saying I never post if i have a problem I usually lurk through forums until I find a solution. That approach is not working with my current problem. I've been using bittorrent with great success for the past couple of years. Yesterday something messed with my computer and caused internet explorer to keep on crashing so I decided to do a full sweep of my acer laptop and fully restore it back to factory settings, I figured that was no big deal...the laptop would be faster and I could always reinstall bittorrent. After I did a full system restore I downloaded Mozilla Firefox because that is my preferred browser and I find it to be faster that internet explorer or chrome. After that I used Firefox to download bittorrent which it did successfully. I did what I usually do I went to TPB and I found a torrent with lots of downloads (close to 2000) and good reviews and clicked to download. It worked as usual...bittorrent popped up...asked me where I wanted to save the file and it ended up in the torrents list...but it never moved. Didn't start to check or download...just sat at finding peers. Well I got fed up with bittorrent today trying to fix it and I thought I would give utorrent a shot and the exact same thing happened. It sits at connecting to peers forever which makes me believe it's the laptop and not the actual program or torrent(I've tried a few). So to sum up bittorrent nor utorrent will download files, I've never had problems before and these programs are enabled with my firewall. My ports are open....I feel like I have tried everything! Thanks it advance to anyone who can help but be forewarned I am not tech savvy...I'm good with computers but beyond what I've already tried someone is going to have to walk me through it.

I just mean that the torrent programs are an exception to my firewall so I know it's not that. Bittorrent keeps saying "connecting to peers" and doesn't change. Apparently there is a restriction on this particular laptop but I have no idea what I should do to remove it or even what the restriction is. Bittorrent works on my friends laptop in the same house, same WiFi. After I wiped my hard drive it doesn't allow any torrent to download. Anyone know what's going on?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived