All Program Files have changed to Bit Torrent Executable files

Terrad

Don't know a lot about Bit Torrent so I decided to download the program so I could download some free music...I downloaded the program and somehow all my desktop files are now exe. file extensions and I can not open a single thing. Anybody have any idea what I may do to fix this. I can't fix in safe mode as ALL program files have changed and therefore the error message I receive when I try to open anything on my computer is "Unable to load Google Chrome.exe Invalid torrent file. I know I am not very computer savvy and this most likely has a quick fix but for me at the moment I am totally freaking out as I have never backed up this computer and am afraid I will lose everything. If anybody has any idea of where I should start on this one I am open to trying just about anything. Thanks

Thank you so very much for your time Harold - very much appreciated I actually found a link to a Windows 7 update vice the Vista, I have included it for you or anyone else who may be in the same predicament! I really can't thank you enough it appears to have completely resolved the problem. http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/File-association-fixes-for-Windows-Vista.html

Archived