BTSync to SDCard on Android

Team,

Your product is fantastic. I am successfully using BTSync to backup files from my Ubuntu laptop and my Windows laptop to a home server. I tried to expand my use of BTSync to my Toshiba Thrive Android Tablet (Android 4.0.4 / Kernel version 2.6.39.4-g2388484) but I am having some issues:

I have created a folder on my SDCard labeled btsync (path: /mnt/sdcard2/btsync). I tried creating the folder with the SDCard in my laptop and I created the folder on the device after the SDCard was installed. In each instance, I was able to add the /mnt/sdcard2/btsync folder through the ADD A FOLDER function and I am able to successfully scan the QR code. When I press DONE to complete the sync, I get the following error; "Don't have permission to write to selected folder." If I select a folder on SDCard1 (internal storage), the process works flawlessly.

I would like to sync files to the external SDCard on my tablet due to the limited amount of space I have on the device itself. Any help you can provide with resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Archived