permissions

Guest suparik

Guest suparik

I have just bought a new air book mac, previously with my windows 7 or vista I had ZERO problems, now with the mac I cannot get any files, each time I attempt an upload I get an error message saying "error permission denied"

Guest suparik

Thank you OH SO much, I had tried everything I could think of, YES you were correct for some reason the MAC decided to save incoming files to an area that did not exist and rather than asking me what I wanted to do it just denied permission in the torrent program, again a BIG TY Harold

• 2 months later...

A list of fixes

For other with this problem on a mac, there seem to be a variety of things to check and then fix

Solution 1

Check the permissions on the file you are downloading to. (file ctrl+click >Get Info >Sharing & Permissions) Your user account should be able to read and write.

Add yourself to the permissions and give yourself read&write permission. (If this doesn't work move on to Solution 2, Only if this does not work try adding the ADmin and give them read&write permission.)

Solution 2

In Bittorrent> Preferances>Directories

Create a new folder to "Put new downloads in" and "Move completed downloads to" (This can be the same new folder)

Create a new folder for the location of .torrents "Store .torrents in" (This is important if you have downloaded any new software that uses a database or is similar to a torrent engine.)

Solution 3

If all else fails, go to the Folder you store you torrents in and either move the downloaded items or back them up.

Uninstall Bittorrent, then install it again. Before you add any torrents Follow solution 2 and the check Solution 1 on your folders.

If you are not the admin for your mac, good luck cause your pretty much out of luck at this point.

Hope this is helpful!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived