Extremely Slow, And Not Working Downloads

gemgem29

HI

i have read many posts in this forum about troubleshooting, it would seem there are a few people in the same predicament, i haven't been able to download anything or i am experiencing extremely slow downloads for a few days now, i have tried just about everything, ive checked my firewall, antivirus, even phoned my service provider, also tried downloading slackware, and nothing, some things download but they are either very small files or they take all day to download..

im just wondering if the problem is with bitTorrent/utorrent?

there doesn't seem to be a solution for this at all, and i would really like to get this sorted as ive never experienced it until now. 

i would be very grateful if someone could help me with this?

Thank you.

I think you could be right, maybe my provider is cracking down on illegal downloads, if that is so, i am in a legally binding contact which means if they are doing so, i am within my right to know such action is being taken, i did notice that after about 1am they speeded up, yet i specifically asked them if i had been capped, and they told me no, my contact ends with them this month, so i shall find myself a better provider. 

thank you for your help.

Virgin, bt, and I think a few other providers now are throttling known P2P users between around 4 in the afternoon to around 12-1 in the morning. So far I can't find much of a way around it. Normal browsing and services such as YouTube and Netflix should be fine, but even a VPN won't be much use as far as I'm aware. I'm not saying this is definitely the problem, but it could well be the cause.

john.upton24

well i think thats a possible answer to my problem if i was honest. everything else i do is fine and at normal speed, but as soon as i put them downloads on they just sit there and do nothing. must be a way around it. i dont see why i should pay the full amount for my broadband if i cant use it properly. 

thank you john 

Archived