Checking Over Network

btarb24

I had a bit of corruption on my unRaid server so i'm now going through all of my video files and using BitTorrent to re-check the files and repair the corruption.  The workstation communicates to the unraid server via 802.11AC.  My throughput ranges from 80-120 mbps.

I have been queuing up 10-20 torrents and telling them all to recheck against the files stored on the unraid server.  The files average about 10GB in size.  BitTorrent will check one file at a time and while it's checking a file the UI will typically slowdown. In one case it did so to the point of crashing the app.

Is there a way to configure the client to do a less aggressive check?  Not in terms of accuracy, but moreso in terms of timeframe.  It appears that the Check process was coded with the expectation that the file is stored locally.  When it's checking over on a remote location it completely saturates the network and slows the bittorrent UI.  -the rest of the system is still responsive.

Tried preferences - advanced - net.low_cpu set to true?

Hi Harold. I haven't tried that.  Though, during a Check my CPU utilization is only at 2%.  The bottleneck is the network @ 90 mbps.  Will the setting change still apply to this situation?

Archived