F-secure and bittorrent

tripleM

Hello, up until 2 days ago my bittorrent was working fine and downloaded/uploaded everything with no problem. Recently certain downloads don't even start. I've got F-secure installed and I've opened a port in the firewall for bittorent. Disabling the firewall makes the torrents work, which makes me believe that I'm missing some setting in the software do make bittorrent work with it. I don't want to disable my firewall, so can anyone that knows F-secure (I'm fairly new to it) can help me with the settings I'd appreciate it.

Update: After toying with the F-secure settings I think I found the problem. I had Intrusion Prevention blocking every suspected intrusion attempt, which according to the logs were all about 'suspiciously small datagram fragments' and 'inbound TCP connection attempt'. I turned off the blocking and now the torrents work fine. The question now is, is my computer safe with this blocking turned off? I don't know what this intrusions attempts are as I don't understand that much about firewalls or viruses.

Archived