Downloading Part Torrents But Bittorrent Acts Like I'm Downloading The Whole Torrent?

Nerissa_x

Hi,

I'm currently downloading *part* of a 28gb torrent; the parts I've selected came to about 6gb - it's downloaded ~2.7gb in 4.5 hours, and is showing 18 hours ETA - surely it'd be about 5/6 hours if I've only got ~50% left to go on the parts I've selected?

Why is it acting like I'm downloading the whole torrent? Is it downloading the whole torrent? When I go to my files, it's showing pieces of files that I've told it not to download, so why is it showing me these pieces? They're not showing up in my Downloads folder, so is it downloading them but not showing me them? Will it still use 28gb of bandwidth?

I've downloaded part torrents before, and never had an issue like this before so I'm a little worried; I'm usually quite confident with torrenting but this issue has confused me somewhat.

Help is appreciated! Thanks! :)

I'm currently downloading *part* of a 28gb torrent; the parts I've selected came to about 6gb - it's downloaded ~2.7gb in 4.5 hours, and is showing 18 hours ETA - surely it'd be about 5/6 hours if I've only got ~50% left to go on the parts I've selected?

The estimate is based on the availability on the pieces you've selected, so the 18h eta is probably accurate.

Why is it acting like I'm downloading the whole torrent? Is it downloading the whole torrent? When I go to my files, it's showing pieces of files that I've told it not to download, so why is it showing me these pieces?

Cross-file pieces, which are required in order to validate the files you have selected. It won't download new pieces from the files you haven't selected otherwise.

Archived