Bittorrent Plus Update Offer On Down Left In Bittorrent V7.9.2 Build 31638

DarkCourt

Just updated to v7.9.2 build 31638 (replaced old .exe file) and found that banner down left on the main program window which offers update to BitTorrent Plus. How can I turn it off? Didn't find any option that could fix this. Any options for removing ads etc still remain unchanged. Found another option (in settings.dat) that could affect this: "gui.plus_upsell_foreground", value is "1". But after I change it to "0" (by BEncode Editor with BitTorrent turned off) and launch BitTorrent it just changing back to "1".

For now I downgraded back to v7.9.1 build 30889 and I strongly hope that the solution for the described issue (banner) exist and someone will share it with me.

I didn't at first (I didn't need it before that issue, all changes were working). Now i tried it (with changing mentioned option to 0), launched program and an interesting thing happened: there were no option "gui.plus_upsell_foreground" in settings.dat when I opened it (not edited) during BitTorrent work. Also, the banner was active (I launched new .exe file). After I closed BitTorrent I opened settings.dat again and that option was there, with value of "1". There was no additional .bad file created for settings.dat.

May be that option has nothing to do with the banner, I just think it may have because of its name, but that behaviour is strongly suspicious by itself.

So, problem still there even in v7.9.2 build 31744. What is interesting: when option "offers.left_rail_offer_enabled" set to "true" then mentioned banner changes its content, but when it's set to "false" then banner is still there, only there is no additional ads in it, just Bittorrent Plus upgrade/update offer.  In v7.9.1 build 30889 that banner just disappeared after turning of "offers.left_rail_offer_enabled" option. So, the main question remains: what can be done about that banner so it will go away? For start, it's taking up useful space in program window (I have many torrents and labels for them).

P.S. It's already been a week after I created this topic.

Archived