Very Slow Download, What's Happening.

osga21

A few eeks ago I built a new pc, and ever since, my downloads have slowed to a crawl. When I bought the pc I also bought a wifi extender, this one, which supposedly makes my internet faster, and it does, I especially noticed it with direct download, which would struggle to hit 350kb/s and now go up to 1mb/s (I'm still on ADSL).

I've tried multiple clients (utorrent and Vuze) and multiple torrent files, but nothing seems to help. There is no one else downling or seeding in my network and there are no overlapping networks. This is the only pc using this network, so I fail to see what has been causing this issue.

Also, when I first boot my pc, for an hour the download speeds skyrocket, reaching 800kb/s, but then go back to 12.5kb/s or so. Can anyone help me?

Try to put a download limit, 256kbs or 512kbs.

And most importantly put an upload limit, 64kbs to 128kbs.

Look for best option and ratio's.

My previous DSL provider retailed 512kbs download speeds and 128kbs upload speeds.

May be a bandwidth issue.

Boring!

!!! Important DSL providers and users are not equipped for large packet traffic. Basically everyone else downloading and uploading files at high cable bandwidths.

Streaming and direct downloads, are one way traffic.

Bittorrent downloads and uploads, two way traffic. :huh:

Try to put a download limit, 256kbs or 512kbs.

And most importantly put an upload limit, 64kbs to 128kbs.

Look for best option and ratio's.

My previous DSL provider retailed 512kbs download speeds and 128kbs upload speeds.

May be a bandwidth issue.

Boring!

!!! Important DSL providers and users are not equipped for large packet traffic. Basically everyone else downloading and uploading files at high cable bandwidths.

Streaming and direct downloads, are one way traffic.

Bittorrent downloads and uploads, two way traffic. :huh:

Me too. I was unable to pass the message "Connecting to peer" using BitTorrent. I have Windows 7 and I am using a software antivirus called Microsoft Security Essentials. This antivirus didn't cause the problem. I was downloading this file 2601-2700, now what's wrong?! Not sure if there's any conficts... :(

Me too. I was unable to pass the message "Connecting to peer" using BitTorrent. I have Windows 7 and I am using a software antivirus called Microsoft Security Essentials. This antivirus didn't cause the problem. I was downloading this file 2601-2700, now what's wrong?! Not sure if there's any conficts... :(

Antonio, please don't hijack other people's threads if your issue doesn't relate to what's actually being discussed!

This thread relates to slow torrent download speeds. Your issue does not, and help was already offered to you in your other thread.

Archived