Installation Help

eserlin

I've tried installing the BT client several times now.  It does install and work, but it only installs into the \user\appdata\roaming folder.  There doesnt seem to be any option to install it to a different folder during the install process.  Since it is a hidden folder Windows doesnt see it as installed when I select a torrent to d/l and then asks me for which application I want to use.  Then I have to browse to find it, but only after going to folder options and selecting "display hidden folders" first and navigating to it, which is ridiculous.  All prior versions always worked perfectly for me and simply opened as a default choice when selecting a torrent to d/l.  I have selected "use as default application" but it makes no difference.  Windows simply doesnt see it as installed in that folder.

As it currently stands BT is worthless to me since the only way I can get it to work reasonably is to save the torrent to my computer first, then open BT, go to "file" and select "add torrent."  Any thoughts on how I can get around this issue?  I've uninstalled and re-installed numerous times to no avail.  TIA.

Since it is a hidden folder Windows doesnt see it as installed when I select a torrent to d/l and then asks me for which application I want to use.

That's not the reason for why windows won't let you choose bittorrent for opening torrents.

The fact that you haven't associated BitTorrent with torrents is what is causing that.

Archived