Bittorrent Keeps Crashing Even After Reinstalling

metric

I have this problem too.  It all started after I had to reinstall windows last month.  I reinstalled BT and when I started it, it crashed and gave the same error message and dump report.

I have been on email with Customer Support, but no luck.  I sent them three dump reports but they never said anything about them.  I get the error when I turn on BT.  If I disconnect from the internet, I don't get the error message.

Also, I tried installing uTorrent and I get the same error message.

This might be related to Firewalls??

• 2 weeks later...

By me its also like that. The programs would just start up, and then it freezes. I re-installed, removed, and then again installed it. And nothing, still the same. I tried with uTorrent also but its the same problem. I deactivate my AntiVirus and Windows Firewall and still the same problem. What can be the problem? Im getting a little bit frustrated  :angry:

• 4 months later...

Same thing happening here,   just started to crash without any error. Sometimes the window says (not responding), thats it. No error, no dump file. Driving me crazy, been through the firewall settings, my router, everything looks fine, I started to assume someone may be deliberately crashing it across my LAN via some exploit, or interference from my ISP; but can not find any evidence to support it.

Seems totally random, but it is frequent enough to denote a serious problem.

version 7.9.4 build 40912

Archived