Missing entry on Downloads list

Skipweasel

I thought I was downloading something - and this morning there it was gone. There are still three active downloads, but the fourth had vanished from the all the lists on the left.

I thought perhaps I'd cancelled it by mistake, so I tried to reload the Torrent file but that says that I'm already downloading it and asks if I'd like to load the trackers from it.

I've tried toggling the Torrent View button, that that didn't help.

The download folder for that item is still there, with the part-completed download in it - though none are showing today's date on the .!bt files even though BT has been running for a while and I'd have expected at least a few bytes to have struggled through.

So - how do I unstick a stuck torrent, please?

Thanks - Skipweasel.

What category are you looking at?

It's not showing in Torrents, nor in the subsections Downloading, Seeding, Completed, Active or Inactive. Neither is it under Labels or No Label.

It's a rather large torrent, of which I'm trying to collect only a fraction, and it occured to me that it might be taking a long time to appear because of that - though this is a reasonably fast machine and it ain't shown up yet.

I'd have no objection to disposing of it and starting again, but since it's not appearing I can't cancel it!

Thanks - Skipweasel.

Close bittorrent and delete resume.dat from %appdata%\bittorrent then re-add the torrents you had running before (copy the .torrent files from %appdata%\bittorrent if you need to use those instead of the ones from the site)

It should pick up where it left off.

Yup, that's done it. Thanks.

resume.dat (and resume.dat.1.bad and resume.dat.old) were in the Program Files\BitTorrent folder, not in App Data, BTW.

If I liked smileys, there'd be one at the end of this line.

Archived