Warning, possibly insufficient sources"

gerry

Hi guys. Only used torrents for last three day so am really new to it. Installed BitTorrent and followed the setup procedurtes and all works fine for downloads of around 400M, but whenever I try for any thing over 1G I get "Warning.Possibly insufficient sources".

I have tried more than 6 different downloads making sure the seeder/leecher ratios were satisfactory but alas same error message.Can some kind soul please give me some helpful advice and please remember we were all new to this once.

Thanks.http://forum.bittorrent.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Win7 Home Basic

Windows Essentials ( Which I have tried turning off)

Malwarebytes ( ditto )

ADSL2 running about 3MBS

using Demonoid and Isohunt as file source

I seem to have accidentally fixed my problem. If if can help anyone else I am not sure.My problem seemed to be fixed by disconnecting from the proxy server I was using.

I was using bitcomet before (I know :/) and downloading a torrent, but when I previewed it, it was a recorded version from a camera, so I stopped the download, deleted it, chose another 1, and it won't download now, switched to bttorrent, and it still does the same.

If Slackware torrents are doing the same thing then something in your setup (either your internet security software or your internet provider) is blocking.

Configure or remove your internet security software (configure permanently, remove temporarily) to see if that helps.

What if the slackware torrents are working but nothing else will?

please help

i am having the same problem

(WARNING: possibly insufficient sources).

I am not saying all the download with this error,some of them download fine,and some with the error as above

and please how can i download files faster with bittorrent.

I have fast broadband.

i hope to hear from you very soon

My kindest regards

habs2habs

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with music and video torrents.

Not the same with chess software, though. And software in general. I´ve downloaded at least 2G of stuff.

Would that mean that it´s NOT the internet provider? What else could it be?

Any ideas please contact me

antonioinotna@hotmail.com

Guest Not important

Same hire, but it depends, it's not generally files over 1GB, i download files over 20GB and no problems. But theres that one file i need badly right now, i cant get it, other torrents on the list work, seeding and leeching without any problems. Just that one file. Please help!

Guest jhoanna

if u have McAfee internet security just go on setting on the firewall, select internet connections for programs, seafch for Bit Torrent n make sure it says full, it worked for me!!! :lol:

Guest Big Phill

Harold, just wanted to say a big thanks for helping me sort out this problem. Enabled bittorrent on McAfee but also had to click tracker details which worked a treat. Good man and thanks :)

Harold, just wanted to say a big thanks for helping me sort out this problem. Enabled bittorrent on McAfee but also had to click tracker details which worked a treat. Good man and thanks :)

I have same problem. just signed up with Bridgemax internet. never had problem before with other carriers but i do now. Bridgemax tech support says it's on this end with bit torrent. need help don't know what to do to get movies to start downloading. HELP !

Guest dfsdfsdfvcds

I have the same freakin problem. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is messed up.................

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pauly

if u have McAfee internet security just go on setting on the firewall, select internet connections for programs, seafch for Bit Torrent n make sure it says full, it worked for me!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zantiolanum

Name Status Update In Seeds Peers Downloaded

[DHT] working 6m 42s 101 63 0

[Local Peer Discovery] working 0 4 0

[Peer Exchange] working 235 191 0

udp://tracker.ccc.de:80 working 23m 11s 104 56 454

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 working 21m 54s 127 45 2460

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80 Connection timed out. 45m 12s 0 0 0

What do I do? I have the same problem

Archived