My default client (Bit Torrent) changed to Limewire - why?

Guest luckyeight

Guest luckyeight

Tried to download something recently frm Pirate Bay, and usually Bit Torrent automatically starts to download. This time, Limewire was ready to kick in and download the torrent.

Does anyone know why this might have happened? My 'set default programs' still has Bittorrent as the program for .torrents, and I can't find a way of configuring either client within the client settings.

How can I reinstate Bittorrent as my default download client without uninstaling Limewire? My BitTorrent is very old and certainly not the new version. Might I have to reinstall the new Bittorent?

Thanks for any help.

Guest luckyeight

You need to disable the settings in limewire that have it take over torrent files then reinstall and reassociate bittorrent.

Yes, this would indeed appear to be the obvious thing to do. I have looked at every menu option in Limewire and cannot see how to to do this. If I reinstall bittorrent then surely that would mean it took precedence (during my intallation verfications) over Limewire anyway?

I really appreciate your response.

Why would my preferences suddenly change, though? I have been using Bittorrent merrily and suddenly my default becomes Limewire - why?!

Archived