"error: The System Can Not Find The Path"

wickedchild

I keep getting an error message for EVERY single torrent I try to download within the last week or so. The torrent will load to the downloading list then give "Error: the system can not find the path". This happens for all torrents from any given site. I have tried deleting the BitTorrent  program from my computer, no luck. I've downloaded the torrent file itself and get the same message.

I'm getting the error message on both the downloading percentage bar, and on the Windows taskbar. On the downloading bar, it says that it's downloading, gets to the Finding Peers approximately .1%, and then the message appears. Al the other torrents that i started downloading before this message started appearing are downloading and running just fine.

I don't know if this has anything to do it or not, but I do have 12 torrents currently downloading, along with 3 more in queue.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I too have been using BitTorrent without problems for many years, however, in the last week I have been unable to download from my usual sites because of the error message 'cannot find path' would appreciate some feedback with regards the problem and solution. Thanks.

Just realised that I had inadvertently changed the destination 'save in' from E: (my external memory) to that of Twitter. Changed it back and everything is back to normal. 

Archived