new version feedback

Guest Reijer

So bittorrent just offered to update to a new version. Great, I like updates.. However it lost all my settings. So I put everything sort of back to what I had it. It seems faster, don't know if it is but perception is better than reality. Things look a bit bigger and a bit too cartoony now. My major problem (and its minor) is that now when I double click a torrent it doesn't open to the folder. I liked the way bittorrent behaved before and this feels like a bit of a downgrade. So minor annoyances have gotten added and I have no idea what all is supposed to be improved since apparently that isn't important. Sure I can find that information but why not just offer the release notes in the about?

So bittorrent just offered to update to a new version. Great, I like updates.. However it lost all my settings. So I put everything sort of back to what I had it. It seems faster, don't know if it is but perception is better than reality. Things look a bit bigger and a bit too cartoony now. My major problem (and its minor) is that now when I double click a torrent it doesn't open to the folder. I liked the way bittorrent behaved before and this feels like a bit of a downgrade. So minor annoyances have gotten added and I have no idea what all is supposed to be improved since apparently that isn't important. Sure I can find that information but why not just offer the release notes in the about?

I just upgraded to 7.6 this week.

Sorry, you lost your settings. Mine came across fine. Unless you are referring to the columns in the torrent list. Yes, I too had to reselect/deselect my displayed columns. I haven't noticed any speed difference, yet, you are so right about perception.

I understand about what you mean about the "cartooniness." And the color changes and the missing arrows are taking some getting used to.

However, double-clicking my torrents does open the destination folder.

Sorry you feel let-down. Some of the changes didn't thrill me, but some of us go through the 5-stages of grief faster than others. Three things I thought I might add to this thread though, In case others have the same experiences.

• F1 / Main Menu > Help > BitTorrent Help does not work. I created a thread in Troubleshooting for this.
  • Selecting/Deselecting Labels is confusing. I created a thread in General Discussion for this.
  • BitDefender Antivirus did not work with the 7.6 upgrade. I created a thread in General Discussion for this.

Also, I read another thread titled: NEED HELP selecting which files to torrent -

But, I'll save you two redirects. When you download a torrent from a tracker site, you should see the Add Torrent window for the torrent as before. This will allow you to select the destination folder for your files, but you need to click the expand button at the bottom left corner of the window to deselect files to DL. Once I expanded the window, it remained expanded in all my other DL's.

Overall, I was not wowed, but I can live with the "new and improved." However, the loss of antivirus protection does bother me.

Blitz, none of the settings ANY of the people are complaining that are missing have actually been removed.

It's actually insulting to us to say it has when it hasn't.

I apologize if I insulted you. I was trying to be matter of fact, with the exception of the colors. They will take me some getting used to.

If I'm incorrect about F1/Help, the Label Problem, or Virus Guard, please let me know how to fix them or tell me what I'm doing wrong and I will gladly retract my statements with much gratitude and a heartfelt apology.

really annoying new look of all torrents.. every line takes too much space and one cannot see clearly the statuses of all torrents... return the previous look... was much better... PLEASEEEEEEE... or at least make an option to choose which view to use.. the new one or the previous one...

(i'm talking about the window, which has a list of all downloading/finished torrents.. )

with regards..

really annoying new look of all torrents.. every line takes too much space and one cannot see clearly the statuses of all torrents... return the previous look... was much better... PLEASEEEEEEE... or at least make an option to choose which view to use.. the new one or the previous one...

Did that already. "Toggle Torrent View"
If I'm incorrect about F1/Help, the Label Problem, or Virus Guard, please let me know how to fix them or tell me what I'm doing wrong and I will gladly retract my statements with much gratitude and a heartfelt apology.
Virus Guard has been discontinued, F1 needs work, the label system got redesigned to allow a torrent to have multiple labels.

Virus Guard has been discontinued, F1 needs work, the label system got redesigned to allow a torrent to have multiple labels.

Yes, I saw your post in about Virus Guard being discontinued. My question in that post remains, is there a replacement or another antivirus app available? A 'no" or a "yes-App abc" is all we need, then you can close that topic.

F1/Help is not a big problem for me. For now I just go to Help > BitTorrent FAQ and I can get to help at BitTorrent. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

I understand that the Labels were redesigned to allow multiple categories for a torrent. I found that out by accident. My problem is in that I have multiple labels for some torrents that I cannot remove. The only way that I have found is to remove the torrent and DL it again, but that resets my UL and ratio stats for the torrent, not good for determining when to stop seeding. I opened a different topic at for the label problem.

where is Toggle torrent View? Just cant find it?

where is Toggle torrent View? Just cant find it?

finaly... found it after 20 minutes... and i'm a trained computer professional with 20 years of experience... much better view than the "new fancy one", which looks good only if one downloads 1-2 torrents... (takes just too much space, situation avearness is lost.. )

It is the stylized list icon on the toolbar to the right of the search box, 3rd icon from the far right.

if one has toolbar turned off, one cannnot find it... :)))

I stand here humbled and corrected, fffrrr! <_<:rolleyes::P:lol:

1. Make sure the toolbar is active!!! Press F4 if you do not see it!!! If you do see it, DO NOT press F4. If you went ahead and pressed F4 anyway, press it again, it will toggle until you are happy.
  2. It is the stylized list icon on the toolbar to the right of the search box, 3rd icon from the far right.

Hope this helps.

Guest scrumper

It is the stylized list icon on the toolbar to the right of the search box, 3rd icon from the far right.

Phew - I sent a snotty e-mail complaining about the loss of the columns. Boy, do I have egg on my face! Now I've learned the toggle, I am quite satisfied... including that 'health' column. Now, the only thing left is for me to find out why there is no "completed" {or was it "finished?} page

Archived