BitDefender Problems When Upgrading to 7.6

quasimoto

I upgraded to BitTorrent 7.6 this week and noticed that BitDefender Antivirus that was installed as an app in my previous version was not working correctly.

The "Check for Virus" option did not appear in the right-click menu anymore. I opened the app in the Category list to the left of the interface.

• I selected the "Run antivirus on DL" (not sure about the wording), and pressed the Apply button, nothing happened.
  • I pressed the Update Definitions button, nothing happened.
  • I pressed the Scan All button, nothing happened.

So, I uninstalled the BitDefender app, hoping that a reinstall would fix the problems. It uninstalled fine. But I cannot find a way to add the app again. It doesn't appear in the app Utilities list, I could only find music, when I searched for a torrent.

Does anyone know how I can reinstall antivirus to BitTorrent? I found BitDefender convenient, but I'm not married to it.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

You are not alone. I wonder if my dual quad 4 core or the fact I am using Windows 7 has anything to do with the fact I am experiencing the exact same issue, and have not been able to find ANY ANSWERS so far, no matter what part of the forum I peruse.

I appreciate having found at least someone else with this problem!

So now, andy help would be greatly appreciated!

The only thing I remember doing on this issue is clicking a box (which I can no longer locate) that stated I could scan the files AS THEY WERE BEING DOWNLOADED automatically (which was supposed to save me time vs. doing it after the download finished). I am wondering, although I see a paucity of evidence to confirm this, if the bit defender is working in the background as the files are being downloaded. HOWEVER, this does NOT satisfy my inability to update the Virus Guard to it's latest inclusions, which minute by minute informs me it is getting older by the second.

You are not alone. I wonder if my dual quad 4 core or the fact I am using Windows 7 has anything to do with the fact I am experiencing the exact same issue, and have not been able to find ANY ANSWERS so far, no matter what part of the forum I peruse.

I appreciate having found at least someone else with this problem!

So now, andy help would be greatly appreciated!

The only thing I remember doing on this issue is clicking a box (which I can no longer locate) that stated I could scan the files AS THEY WERE BEING DOWNLOADED automatically (which was supposed to save me time vs. doing it after the download finished). I am wondering, although I see a paucity of evidence to confirm this, if the bit defender is working in the background as the files are being downloaded. HOWEVER, this does NOT satisfy my inability to update the Virus Guard to it's latest inclusions, which minute by minute informs me it is getting older by the second.

I read the link that you provided, thanks. It confirms, but doesn't help us. I appreciate you looking.

If I scroll to the bottom of the Categories list to the left of the main window, and under the App Category, select Virus Guard, I can see check boxes for:

• start when uTorrent starts
  • update if older than 24 hours
  • and an Apply Button.

These options and the button are not working. But the message saying how old my definitions disappeared since yesterday.

The Scan All and Update Now buttons are not working. It mentions the Toolbar Scan button which no longer exists.

I used to right-click a torrent from the list, and select Check for Viruses, but this no longer appears in the menu.

If I select a file for a torrent, Check for Viruses does appear in the menu, but it is not active.

If Virus Guard doesn't work, can we uninstall it and use something else? Virus Guard appeared today after I uninstalled yesterday. I received a message about a new stable version of BitTorrent and did install that since then though.

I forgot to add in my previous post I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit on a AMD Athlon II x2 255, 3.10 GHz, with 3 GB memory. Why doesn't Windows just let us copy and paste this info?

The BitDefender app has been discontinued.

Thanks for letting us know.

1. Is there any alternative being offered by anyone? I liked having antivirus as part of BitTorrent.
  2. Also, I unistalled Virus Guard yesterday, but when I fired up BitTorrent this morning, it was back. Is there something I need to do to get rid of it permanently?

• 2 months later...
Guest Ghost Region

Hey guys. I dont know about this bit defender but I was downloading a torrent while a message appeared to upgrate bittorrent to 7.6.1 version. After I upgraded it the download speed for the torrent, I was downloading, changed from 350 kbit/sec to 0.1-0.8 kbit/sec. And now I am like WTF it will take for ever to download it and was already half completed when it slowed down. Can anyone help me? Maybe I should delete the torrent and then try to redownload it? Any help will be greatfully apreciated!

Archived