Problems accessing BT Messenger

jimmo

Hello:

When I try to access my BitTorrent Messenger box, by clicking on the drop-down menu under my BT profile name (in the upper-right corner), the menu keeps dispapearing, won't give me enough time to click on and select an item. Is this some sort of malfunction, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Jim

What browser are you using?

Hi Harold:

I am using Internet Explorer, Version 9.

Do I need to enable "Compatibility View?"

I've got a couple of issues running here, and you are replying to most of them. I guess you have to respond to them within each post. But if it would make it easier on you, I'd be willing to have you deal with them all in a Private Message. I do appreciate your help on these matters, though. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Actually, I also mentioned in one of them that I'd like to chat with someone on BT about the file sharing controversy, and the recent shut down of MegaUpload, etc. I am curious in what a professional, who knows these file-sharing technologies, thinks about the future prospects for file sharing, if the Internet will remain unregulated much longer, etc. I don't want to see my torrents go away. In fact, as I get better at this, I was hoping, one day, to be able to share some of my own media with others. I wish there was a class one could take on this stuff (or, maybe there is?).

Thank you,

Jim

It's probably something in your browser causing the drop-down issue. The behavior is proper in Firefox.

Because of the number of times the discussion NEEDS to be public for users' benefit, I have disabled my own private messaging system on these boards.

Hi Harold:

AS per my reply to your previous reply, I figured out IT WAS that I needed to select "Compatibility View" in the Tools menu of my browser, which is IE Version 9. So you may tell other users having IE and experiencing this same problem to try that, as it may help them as well.

As for communicating privately, is there a BT administrator to whom I could send my e-mail address to give to you. if you'd like to chat about the file sharing issue. Or, if not, do you know of a BT administrator who would be willing to chat about the issue?

Also, I have two issues outstanding, at my other post in Troubleshooting in BT Classic, with a further reply by me there.

Thank you,

Jim

Archived