download progress keeps losing

anniyan

i was in the process of downloading some files in BitTorrent [7.9.2 build 41373][32bit]. the next time i turned BitTorrent on and started the download tasks, a particular download task which was around 85% complete showed as "error: cannot read from disk" (maroon color), so i paused it and did a 'force-recheck' after which it showed as 0.9% only complete (around 16 GB of bandwidth wasted :( ). any chance of recovering the lost data? or i have to run the task again from the beginning?  after a week, the same disaster struck on my another download task (around 10 GB of bandwidth wasted :( )  i have no clue about what happened. other downloads in BitTorrent are unaffected as of now, but i am afraid of losing their progress too in future. anybody knows why and how to remedy this? i am very desperate. thanks in advance :(

PS.: if this topic is gonna be closed to further replies, i would like to know the reason in detail. coz when i posted this in another forum, it was rudely terminated without a detailed reason.

1. no, they are saved in c:\users\username\downloads\bittorrent\

2. no i am not interfering with bittorrent's download process in anyway. i just start BT, select the downloads i need to continue, right-click -> force-start. when i want to exit BT, i pause all running torrents, wait for DL and UL speeds to reach 0.0, then exit BT. i have had no problems using this process in the past. what i suspect is maybe other software i installed this week might be the cause (or not). am i allowed to list them here, so that you can say which might be the culprit?

28 minutes ago, Harold Feit said:

As for the other forum, based on what I can see of the thread, you were actually given a reason.

i admit that i was given some reason, but it was not detailed enough for me to understand why, pardon my ignorance :(

15 hours ago, Harold Feit said:

You shouldn't be doing any interference like pausing the torrent when you're restarting your computer.

without pausing the torrent and exiting bittorrent, how can i shut-down my computer? if this procedure is not followed, the downloads will get corrupted, wont they?

btw,  what i suspect is maybe other software i installed this week might be the cause (or not). am i allowed to list them here, so that someone can say which might be the culprit?

update : another 2 tasks faced the same fate today (around 30GB). and a download task (a cartoon series) of 15.6GB got completed today after 6 months. so i stopped it and removed it from bittorrent ('remove and delete .torrent' command). when i opened the file, the media player says that no video is found. i examined the file and found that it is filled with 00 00 00 ..... etc, fully. i suspect the presence of some kind of malware that affects my bittorrent downloads. and even worse is that no malware-removal-forum would help me coz of their anti-P2P policies. is there any malware-removal-forum that will help me? i am stuck, please guide me in the right direction, sir. :( 

some software i use:

1. qihoo total security with builtin bitdefender and avira engines

2. shadow defender (but with shadow mode exited)

3. dashlane password manager premium

4. peerblock or alternatively bot-revolt

5. zonealarm firewall

6. zemana antilogger  (turned off when using bittorrent)

7. hitmanpro.alert

8. ad-muncher  (turned off when using bittorrent)

Archived