How Do I Recover Old Torrent Files From Previous Windows

TifaLockheart

Hello guys, got a twofold question...

When i format my Windows how do i get back some of the torrents that were half done? The files and the downloaded data. Don't want to download huge data once again.

Also, for the next time(s) how do i prepare in advance? like make a backup of a file that's already 60% done? so i can fresh install my windows and then put the backed up files in the folders from where BT can pick up everything as i left it a few mins/ hours ago before formatting?

Thanks.

When i format my Windows how do i get back some of the torrents that were half done? The files and the downloaded data. Don't want to download huge data once again.

When you format the computer, unless you copied the files, they are gone and you need to re-download everything.

If you want to back everything up, get the .torrent storage folder (%appdata%\bittorrent by default) and the folder that contains your partial downloads.

Once you finish your reformat, follow http://help.bittorrent.com/customer/portal/articles/1826055-how-do-i-migrate-torrents-from-another-client-to-bittorrent-?b_id=3884

Archived