Need help configurating. (DHT, x64 and others)

T.RSB

Hi everyone

First of all, sorry on my english,

I'm using windows 7 x64.

I'll admit I'm terrible with computers.

That being said, here are my questions:

• Does it work with x64? Is there a specific install file?

I installed BT and it wasn't working. Noticed it said x32. Uninstalled, searched for the x64 version and couldn't. Is this normal or when I install again, really looking all I'm prompted there'll be an option to install a x64 version? I installed this super quickly at the hospital with my mother, so I wasn't really paying attention.

I've used BT for years now, usually on a x32 laptop, but last year I got this one x64. It was working fine until the computer stopped responding and Toshiba formatted it for me, And now I have several issues.

• DHT

How do I login? Searched and couldnt find.

But not even the guide, FAQ and help section of the program were working. Another reason I uninstalled to later reinstall. Weird. 

Also, I can't remember my username... Is there a way to recover? No problem for me to create a new one. If I could only find out how.

• Files not loading the preview to choose what exactly to download and later showing connecting peers forever.

I get a permanent blank, until I click to download. and then it never finds peers.

Looks like the proper name would be "Torrent coming up blank in download box / not loading ", judging from a thread that is exactly my problem, And then I get "Stuck on Connecting to peers" thread problem.

I saw here that this probably connects to my DHT problem above.

Can it also relate to using Norton Internet Security? Do I need to add exclusions and concessions on my antivirus/firewall?

Not sure I can remember more. Will reinstall and, if it persists, post this. (Decided to write before I got more frustrated)

Version I just reinstaled: 7.9.9, build 42974.

There was no option to choose a x64 installation...

Was I supposed to not see search providers?

The tutorial keeps not working and the icon vanishes as soon as clicked... Also, under the "Help" tab, nothing hapens when I click on "Learn how to use BT" and "BT Help" (or press F1 for that matter). The "BT FAQ" redirects me to an invalid page

Tried double (triple, 4x, 5x...) clicking the "DHT: waiting to log in" zone. nothing happens. All I can do is enable or disable it.

Chose not to mess with the settings area. Though I'm tempted to once again click on the "Add Windows Firewall Exception"... Not that this helped before...

When I run the BT Setup Guide  and do a bandwidth and network check I get te errors in the screenshot. Also, if I click on FAQ there, I'm directed to a utorrent help page, not BT. I can't test only the bandwidth. Is this normal?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the huge message.

BT error.jpg

I installed BT and it wasn't working. Noticed it said x32. Uninstalled, searched for the x64 version and couldn't.

Because there is no 64-bit version of BitTorrent. The performance benefits are somewhere between minimal and nonexistent.

DHT

How do I login? Searched and couldnt find.

Normally it happens automatically. If it doesn't happen automatically, there's something in your setup blocking. There is no username and password for DHT access.

Can it also relate to using Norton Internet Security? Do I need to add exclusions and concessions on my antivirus/firewall?

Ideally with norton, you'd want to uninstall it and replace it with something that isn't malware-like.

Archived