How to Remove/Delete torrents?

jimmo

In removing completed (and even non-completed) torrents from the BitTorrent client, what are the differences between a simple "Remove," "Remove And Delete torrent," "Remove and Delete torrent & Data," and "Remove and Delete Data?"

Which method of the above is the most advisable in terms of preserving an overall higher user ratio in one's BT queue, and also speeding up one's BT functioning? I realize the two may not be mutually exclusive.

In general, which torrents removal method is the one most favored by BitTorrent users?

Thank you.

Updated question:

Okay, I found some answers to this in the BT manual.

I forgot that, in addition to the Forums, the manual was also available as a source of info. for BT operations. But I am still unclear as to which is the preferred method of torrents removal, and would any of them affect my cumulative BT ratio, if BT support staff would please tell me the answers to these two queries?

These are general answers that shouldn't be specific to a version of the BT client. In any case, I checked, and, according to the "About BitTorrent" window, I do have the latest version of BT installed, which is 7.6, even though I was told in a previous thread I posted that no support would be given to questions having to do with older versions of BT. If there is a more recent version of BT, a version 7.7, please let me know.

Also, to give you some background on my current BT queue situation, I am trying to speed up my queue. Even though I am also trying to be a "good citizen" and seed back, a few torrents may not have enough activity to be worthwhile much longer. I want to finish the projects I am currently downloading/seeding, after which, if you discover I don't have the very latest version of BT, I shall install it. I just don't want to be "changing horses in midstream," if you catch my drift, since most of my torrents are from trackers (xtremretv.org) that have a recent history of trouble. That site is back on-line, for now. But I am preparing for a worst-case scenario, and want to finish those up and have a clear BT queue as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile, I have found a few other torrents sites (one of which has sent me an invitation) that may offer similar content to what XTV offers, which could at the least be relied upon as back-ups, for a source of classic TV content.

Thank you.

deleting data removes the completed and incompleted downloaded files.

Which method of the above is the most advisable in terms of preserving an overall higher user ratio in one's BT queue, and also speeding up one's BT functioning? I realize the two may not be mutually exclusive.

Bittorrent as a protocol doesn't track ratios across torrents.

Additionally, ANY removal of a torrent from a client removes that torrent from the sharing rotation of the computer completely, regardless of which method of removal is used.

BitTorrent isn't like traditional p2p networks.

Archived