Files Disappear

Guest guest_stevens

Guest guest_stevens

After I click "get this torrent" a window pops up to add new torrent. The torrent name is correct, however the size is 0 B and none of the files are listed. This is happening on every torrent that I select. If I hit okay, the torrent comes into the downloading window, but the torrent stays inactive and nothing is ever downloaded. Any suggestions?

Guest 3burials

Thnx but DHT it's turned on - enabled.

The problem is still there. Previously it wasn't - Magnetlink related issue??

Here's the (weird) situation again:

when clicking on a torrentlink, a pop up window opens and still no files are to be seen.

"0MB of (for example) 1.32GB."

When I then okay the torrent, it goes to the progress window. But nothing happens and it's 0MB.

When Start or Force Started it works after a random time interval and folder and files appear.

Still I'd like to know why:

empty window - no files showing

And:

what to do about it?

thx

I dont undrestand all the links in the piratebay are magnet links? So I can't download any torrent anymore? The window which used to show the files inside the torrent - is empty now. I've been trying to fix this a long time. Even if i click Ok it just doesn't start to download. Please, please help! I don't know what to do, i've toggled all the boxes in preferences as you said.. nothing works :( As i saw "problems with magnet links" on piratebay, I downloaded utorrent, STILL evertything remains the same. Am i really the only one who is experiencing this??????

Guest norsubs

Harold...

As a quest posted yesterday:

"I dont undrestand all the links in the piratebay are magnet links? So I can't download any torrent anymore? The window which used to show the files inside the torrent - is empty now. I've been trying to fix this a long time. Even if i click Ok it just doesn't start to download. Please, please help! I don't know what to do, i've toggled all the boxes in preferences as you said.. nothing works As i saw "problems with magnet links" on piratebay, I downloaded utorrent, STILL evertything remains the same. Am i really the only one who is experiencing this?????? "

The same is happening to me...

That is why I asked if we have to use another torrent program for Magnet links.

And I have the DHT enabled.

But it still does not work... :(

Please help me out.

Thanks,

norsubs

As long as BitTorrent and your internet security software is configured correctly, there's no reason why BitTorrent shouldn't be able to use magnet links.

DHT NEEDS to be on in BitTorrent for them to work, and your internet security software NEEDS to allow UDP traffic for BitTorrent.

Guest norsubs

Yes, I just found out what was the problem.

I thought I had enabled the DHT correctly. I right-clicked on the toolbar at the bottom of the Bittorrent-program. But that was not correct. I had to enable the DHT in the Properties of the "Add new torrent"-box.

As this:

bittorrent-dht-magnet-links.jpg

Problem solved! :D

Guest norsubs

I thought I had enabled the DHT correctly. I right-clicked on the toolbar at the bottom of the Bittorrent-program. But that was not correct. I had to enable the DHT in the Properties of the "Add new torrent"-box.

As this:

Guest HIIIIIGHFASHIONONTOSH.O

There's nothing with a DHT anywhere on mine...I'm also not finding a properties thing to click on...I have a mac...but I also have a mouse that right clicks...because not having a right clicker was a terrible idea on their part...but I'm just not finding a properties thing to click on...even when I right click the add new box thing...and don't worry previous user from earlier in the convo, you're not the only one but our programs will fight well for us...long live the user!

Guest HIIIIIGHFASHIONONTOSH.O

...so the picture wouldn't load...damn macs...umm, yeah...thanks, that makes way more sense than what I was doing....now

Guest rockeuez

As this:

my dnt was enabled and click, but my screen is still empty without the files to select. im using mac. please help

Archived