red arrows??

Guest zara

What is the difference between the Arrows?

I know green means active download, and blue is active seeding, but my green arrows have gone red and ive no idea why. can anyone shed any light on this??

thanks.

Guest Ruineskill

hi,

It appears it all started with the upgrade to 7.2.1

not everyone has the problem but many do....

to aide on finding the problem i check my firewall and bittorrent UDP-in TCP-in have both full access.

Thx,

Guest bluelacy59

From bluelacy: Well, go to uTorrent.com. Click HELP (top of page). Scroll down to "What do the icons mean?" All explained. Keep checking the site. Lots of info. Have a wonderful one! bluelacy

Guest bluelacy59

What is the difference between the Arrows?

I know green means active download, and blue is active seeding, but my green arrows have gone red and ive no idea why. can anyone shed any light on this??

thanks.

Go to uTorrent.com. Click HELP (at top of page). Scroll down to "What do the icons mean?" Have a good one! bluelacy

Guest bluelacy59

ok ! thank you , but since this morning i have no working trackers on these files .... so what happened ?

This is getting old. The second reply I have made and it gets deleted when I try to POST. Here goes again. Mouse to torrent you want to work, Right click it. Should highlight it and open box. Mouse to Update Trackers, Left click. Box closes. Mouse to torrent, Left click, then go to bottom of page to General, Trackers, Peers, etc. Left click General and see if bar graph underneath is blue and white. If so then all the files are available. Left click Trackers, and see if what is up. DHT, Local Peer Discovery, and Peer Exchange should all be working. Have you gone to OPTIONS and done the SETUP Guide? If not do this. And set the Preferences. BitTorrent FAQ and HELP have good info, READ. uTorrent.com has good info too. Have fun. Did this help? bluelacy

hi, thanks for the help but all my files are like this :

"DHT not allowed

Local peer not allowed

peer exchange not allowed"

but there is seed for these files because it cames from a website !? since yesterday nothing works !!

Busator: Try this: On BitTorrent program page with your Active Torrents, go to OPTIONS, PREFERENCES, BitTorrent. Check this page. I have every box checked but Limit Local Peer Bandwidth and no IP Hostname to report to Tracker. Protocol Encryption Disabled. Allow Incoming Legacy Connections box checked. Go to CONNECTIONS under PREFERENCES. In the LISTENING PORT area check

all the boxes but RANDOMIZE EACH PORT START. Try Port 6969, type this in to box. I read in some obscure blog about using particular ports. I have had the same exact messages as you on a few torrents in the past. Not now. Go back to OPTIONS, do SETUP GUIDE again. I know that you may know all this. I do not mean to demean you by these suggestions. It was trial and error for me and lost of reading and experimentation to get this going well. I have BitTorrent 7.2.1. Getting download speeds of 700 kB/s- 1400 kB/s with well seeded torrents. I do not at present us a Proxy Server; my IP does not limit downloads. Let me know if this helps. If all else fails there are guides written

This next is from eHow.com. on uTorrent. It seems to be important to have the right port or ports open on your router.

The uTorrent program works best if certain ports are open and available for use. Open "Options", select "Preferences" then the "Connection" tab to find the port it uses and make sure to open it on your router or firewall. uTorrent will still operate without it, but works best at connecting you to a network of peers when the port is available. I am at the doctors using there connection and uTorrent is doing it's thing, Port 6969. Do not know why this works but it does for me.

bluelacy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived