Bit Torrent automatically starts on Windows restart

Binky

BitTorrent 7.10 (build 44091) 32 bit was installed on Windows 10.

Even though I have unchecked Windows integration n section, Bit Torrent automatically starts on a restart of Windows.

It is very frustrating. I would only like to have Bittorrent activate when required such as clicking on magnet.

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

This happens to me as well. I have even checked start-up processes and it is not on that list. It is running when I shut down my pc, but it should not auto-restart without my permission.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1709.

Bit Torrent version: 7.10 build 44091

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.

I have unchecked the option "Start BitTorrent when Windows starts", checked the startup folder (empty) and the startup process but nothing.

I also uninstalled BitTorrent and reainstalled it but it still starts with Windows.

Any Idea ?

Ok, maybe I have a workaround.

I have checked the option "Start BitTorrent when Windows starts", restart the computer. BitTorrent did start with Windows.

Then unchecked the option, save it and restart the computer again. And it worked, BitTorrent did not restart with Windows.

For the developers : It's just a guess but maybe you made the default option "checked".

Then when we open the options, you only save it IF there is any changes, which is not the case if the option are already the way we want it.

Archived