Error: Access Denied

Guest CAlioto

Guest CAlioto

I am sure that there is some sort of very easy solution to solve my problem, but this is the first time I have used the new version of BitTorrent. I was able to download one file successfully from Piratebay, but every other magnet link I try to download seems to have the error, Access Denied, can anyone help?? I currently am using Google Chrome, is there some sort of feature I need to turn off? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Guest CAlioto

Have you double-checked the security properties on your downloads folder to make sure your user account has full control?

I am not sure how to do that. Do you mean the download folder in BitTorrent or on my desktop? If you could walk me through how to double check that, I would greatly appreciate it. I am currently using Windows 7.

Thanks for the reply!

Guest CAlioto

Wherever it's being saved to. You make the changes on the security tab on the properties of the folder in windows explorer.

I am so sorry, I am still confused....I am saving the files to my music folder on my C drive. There is no security tab in the folder, nor can I seem to find one on internet explorer. I am running Google Chrome, could that be an issue? Is it possible that I made a change to the properties of BitTorrent itself and that is causing an issue? Is it possible for you to send me a screen shot of where I need to make the changes? Again, I am so sorry, I swear I am not this technilogically inept!

Thanks for your help!

• 2 months later...
Guest Diana

My problem was that i was saving the file to the owner's downloads, so as soon as i figured it out, i edited where i was saving it to into my downloads

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anon

Yes. You have security features in "user" folders, not "shared" folders. The simplest thing to do is make sure your file path directory is absolutely to a shared folder, then move the file after you've downloaded it.

Guest Anon

Yes. You have security features in "user" folders, not "shared" folders. The simplest thing to do is make sure your file path directory is absolutely to a shared folder, then move the file after you've downloaded it.

Guest João Gabriel

I was having this problems but seems like I have fixed this. Here is what I have done:

I have allowed full access to the destination folder (on the proprieties of the folder)

So I deleted the file from bitTorrent (only from bitTorrent, not from mine computer)

And then I opened it again with bitTorrent.

Sorry about my english, I'm from Brazil.

Hope it helps someone!

Archived