I moved my torrents & videos. Now Bit Torrent can't find them

Guest JoeOxfordCT

Guest JoeOxfordCT

Hi All,

First post on this Forum.

I had nearly filled up my laptop hard drive with cycling videos so I moved both my torrent & video files to an 1 TB external hard drive. I then went to Bit Torrent Options\Preferences and repointed the locations of my torrent & finished jobs to the external drive. However, when I start Bit Torrent now it's trying to re-download all my completed jobs. I have lots of statuses of "Error: Invalid Downloading State, Try Resuming".

I don't want to store any of my torrents or completed videos locally on my laptop anymore. So how do I reconnect Bit Torrent to the new location ?

Thanks,

J.

• 1 month later...
Guest Smelly_Finger

Admin Geniuses,

I think I've learned how to manage this problem with the advice posted, but don't know if I'm doing it right. Here's what I'm doing:

I right-click to get the menu, select 'Advanced', then 'Download Location', then select the same music folder of the file/torrent I wish to move, and click yes on the overwrite prompt window. I then return to the file/torrent and right-click and select 'Start' which starts seeding my torrent (green!).

Am I following the correct steps to fix and do I have to do these steps to every file/torrent individually? Thanks!

Archived